Below is the summary of all the new capabilities in Focus Build SP03 which was released in Feb 2019.
For full presentation on SP03 Deltas see SAP Presentation.
- Improved SAPUI5 app for Focused Build Projects.
- Landing page for Focused Build Projects – Quick access to most relevant Focused Build projects. Project filters can be saved as
variant, dates filter is now based on time range, projects can be easily added to users favorite list
- Support of Phases and Q-Gates in SAPUI5 app for Focused Build Projects – Improved usability for all major Focused Build Project elements. Project Phases and Q-Gates for Phases and Waves can now be managed in SAPUI5 app and are displayed in
- Simplified and efficient Risk Management – Integration of Risks into SAPUI5 app for Focused Build Projects. Create Risks for Focused Build Project, Change assignment, Direct navigation to Risk transaction, Navigation to Mass Change for Risks.
- Multi-language Support in SAPUI5 app – Name and descriptions can be edited in multiple languages while landing page is displayed with logon language. Project details dropdown can be used to switch between languages
- Visibility of conflict situations coming from concurrent editing of the same elements in different branches (display) in dropDocs integration to Work Package/Item with ability to process
- Simplification of document creation with Auto-creation of required documents based on document KPI definition for new Work Packages/Items
- Upload Requirements from other systems like Model Company or CAL Image when the project preparation phase id started on another SolMan system, like a CAL Image or model company where process structure and Requirements have already have been defined. Can upload the Requirements to the design branch with
automatedassignment to the process structure.
- Extended Requirement Search Options In the Requirements search: Multiple process elements (and the assigned Requirements), A fragment of a Requirement ID, Several IDs, separated by commas, Time range
- Assign Work Package to a Requirement – Extended Work Package Search Options: One or several Work Package ID(s), Work Package status. Created at
- My Requirements – Additional Filter Sections for Status of and unassigned Requirements: Single or combined status values for Requirements, Unassigned Requirements Use Case. The filters allow the efficient selection of your Requirements in the same status, e.g. to immediately see which ones need to be approved. The ‘Unassigned’ filter section allows to quickly display your Requirements where no Work Package is assigned so far.
Requirements / Work Packages / Items
- My Requirements, My Work Packages, My Work Items – E-Mail Notification when Status of WP & WI change (ChaRM Config). Notification when the status of a Work Package, Work Item, etc., changes and subsequent action is required from separate resources. For
example:WP Owner or WI Developer gets a notification when he gets assigned, WI Tester gets a notification when the WI is switched to status “To Be Tested”
- Requirements Mgmt., My Work Packages – Automated copy of attached documents from Requirement to assigned Work Package
Work Packages / Items
- My Work Packages, My Work Items – New Authorization Object allowing the Control of the Dates Fields on the Dates tab in Work Package and Work Item. By default, the maintainability of the dates field is Allowed for the Work Package and Disabled for the Work Item. As in FB the Wave planning is an Architect driven procedure who is allowed to adjust the dates fields in WP which are filled by Project Management KPIs. The developer, working in the WI, doesn’t have this authorization, because he/she isn’t allowed to overrule the central planning.
- My Work Packages – Create Defect Correction out of Work Package directly, without test plan, test package and defect. In case a Work Package is in status ‘To Be Tested’, the Work Package Owner, e.g. an Architect preparing a Sprint Review Meeting, can do an early and informal single functional test. As each Work Package is a testable unit, he/she can do this for each new Work Package in status ‘To Be Tested’. This supports easy and quick test/defect management to support an agile development strategy.
- My Work Packages – New fields to maintain Value and Effort Points in Work Packages. To allow efficient Wave backlog planning on Work Package level, we introduced a field for Value and Effort Points. This allows a calculation of the Work Package Priority, e.g. to give those Work Packages a high priority which development brings a high value with a small development effort.
- My Work Packages, My Work Items – Additional Filter Section for Status and Overdue Documents: Single or combined status values for Work Packages and Work Items, Overdue Work Packages and Work Items. The filters allow the efficient selection of your Work Packages and Work Items in the same status, e.g. to immediately see which ones are in repair and therefore have a Defect Correction assigned. The ‘Overdue’ filter section allows to quickly display your Work Packages and Work Items where the maintained date/milestone, in context to the status, is exceeded.
- My Work Packages – Automated population of Project Manager field. The Project Manager is retrieved via the linked project and assigned Project Manager role in the top node of the Build Project. As the Architect doesn’t decide who’s the responsible Project Manager, the field is for display and can only be maintained in Project Management.
- My Work Packages – New Test Management Tab in Work Package. Displays Test Packages and Test Plans the Work Package is assigned to. The Architect / Work Package Owner gets the test status summary of a Work Package. This includes direct links to the related Test Packages and test Plans to gain detailed information as well.
- My Work Packages – New Business Role – Tester Use Case. Allows the assignment of testers to Work Package. The assignment is helpful as designated testers find the to be tested Work Package via their My Work Packages tile.
- My Requirements, My Work Packages, My Work – New fields for who created and last changed the document. The Last changed by is filled with the business partner last changing values or setting a new status. Sometimes the one maintaining Requirements, Work Packages and Work Item is not the owner himself, but a supporting team member. These fields help to identify those resources, get in contact with them or do mass change operations based on the actions they performed.
- My Work Packages, My Defect Corrections – Create Defect Correction as Follow Up Document in Single Functional Test – Work Package has status ‘To Be Tested’. Create Defect Correction as Follow up. Document of Work Package from ‘Scope’ Tab. Work Package status is automatically switched to status ‘In Repair’. In WP status ‘Handed Over to Release’ assigned and confirmed Defect Corrections are automatically switched to this status as well. Single Functional Test: Additional option for customers who prefer to perform SFT without Test Suite integration. Automated switch of Work Package status in case of new and confirmed Defect Correction.
- Mass Change Application – Improve Selection Possibilities. For WP: Rephrase ‘Phase’ to ‘Wave’ selection field, New search for ‘Actual Release’, For WI & Defect Correction: Split selection Field Project Wave into two selection fields – Wave and Sprint, Classification search for WP and Work Item (GC and NC). Allows efficient status overview and backlog planning
- Mass Change Application – Combined view for Work Items. Up to SP02 it was required to select either Work Items of Type GC or NC. Now a combined display or selective display can be chosen. Allows evaluation of all Work Items to be developed within a specific Wave, Sprint or Release
- My Defect Corrections – Handover Defect Corrections with Prio 3 and 4 to next Wave Defect Corrections with Priority 3 and 4, which have not yet been set to status ‘Handed Over to Release’ (and all related Documents as Work Package, Work Items and Defect) are automatically handed over to the next Wave, when the Release Cycle is switched to Phase ‘Hypercare’. New Check: Release Cycle cannot be switched to Phase ‘Deploy’, in case that not all Defect Corrections with Priority 1 and 2 have been set to status ‘Handed Over to Release’. Enhance Flexibility for Defect Corrections with Priority ‘Medium’ or ‘Low’, which are not finished in time
Scrum Board API
- Scrum Board API – Show Work Item Dependencies directly in a Scrum Board. The API provides for Work Items information about related Work Items
- Scrum Board API – Kanban Board methods. Additional methods are provided to build a Kanban Board for Defect Corrections. The Kanban Board backlog selection is based on: Transaction Type, Change Cycle, Use Case. Based on the API a Kanban Board for the handling of Defect Corrections can be build.
- My Test Executions – Landing Page Improvements. Integrated search field for Easy and fast searching for related
- Test Steps Designer, My Test Executions, Test Suite Dashboard and Test Report – Customized Columns. Up to 6 custom columns: (3x Dropdown / Value Help, 1x Flag, 2x Long Text). Metadata and value help are fully customizable. Expandability of Test Steps for customer needs.
- Test Steps Designer – Uploading Test Steps from Document. Direct Upload into Solution Documentation. Additional Test Case attributes, Enhanced content validation, Automated mapping between file content and Test Case attributes, Enhanced sample file. Easy mass-upload test cases into Test Steps Designer
- Test Steps Designer, My Test Execution – Multilingual Test Case. Fallback language: Test Case is loaded in an alternative language, Automated translation API (e.g. for using SAP Leonardo Machine Translation), Multilingual content from SolDoc process (variants). Accelerate translation of Test Cases
- Test Steps Designer – New Test Case Groups. New groups: Favorite Test Cases, Recently Changed Test Cases. Bookmark of test cases. Find preferred and recently changed test cases easier and faster
- My Test Executions – Change Log Tab. Change Log tab page displays the change history of the test step data. Changes on the test cases are logged and centrally accessible.
- My Test Executions – Automatic Test Case Executions. Automated test cases can be executed from My Test Executions. All types of test cases as part of test packages can be executed via My Test Executions.
- My Test Executions – Changed behavior for Test Step Executions. New Save button saves all changes at once. Change previously set status even if status for other steps are already set. Improve performance and usability.
- My Test Executions – Dramatically improved performance and Improved electronic signature to sign off test results
- Test Steps Designer – Integration into Solution Documentation Search functionality, Integration into Solution Export / Import functionality, Integration into Test Report (WordDocument), Direct upload of Test Steps into Solution Documentation from the Designer, Mass Deletion of Test Cases
Solution Readiness Dashboard
- Solution Readiness Dashboard – Work Packages – New Columns in Requirements Table View. The following columns have been added to the Requirements table view: Category, Classification, Owner
- Release Dashboard – Mass Change Integration. Interface to the mass change app for work packages, work items and defect corrections. Selection of work packages, work items and defect corrections via release dashboard and transfer to the mass change app.
- Release Dashboard – Tile Customizing. Tiles can be blended out. Information, which is not needed, is not displayed
- Cutover – Support for Release Cycle. Check now available for Release cycle. Support for SMRE. Customer namespace included Use Case. Apply cutover check within release cycles
- Cutover New – Check for Development Conflicts. New check inside Cutover check. Checks against existing CSOL for target landscape. Make sure before cutover that no changed objects will be overwritten
- Cutover – Enhance Application Log. Cutover check will be logged. Via SLG1 find the logs of formerly performed checks. Check Object /SALM/CHARM_ENH. Sub-object /SALM/CM_COC. Check for former results of Cutover Checks
- Cross Landscape Distribution – XLD: Strict-mode allow Single Workbench Objects. Allow single workbench objects instead of packages only. Check against single WB objects